A popular Street Food in Manipal, I relished this sometime in the mid Seventies on typical push cart canteens prepared by the Malayalee Kuttis. This by itself is a meal and addictive stuff as well!
1. Eggs - 2
2. Chopped Onions - 1 small
3. Chopped Garlic - 4 cloves
4. Chopped Tomatoes - 1 medium
5. Oil - 2 Teaspoons
6. Salt - To taste
7. Red Chilli powder - 1 Teaspoon
8. Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
9. Pepper Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
10. Tomato Ketchup - 2 Teaspoon
11. Chopped Coriander Leaves - A sprig
12. Bakery Buns - 2 slit horizontally into two halves.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Fry chopped garlic till golden. Fry chopped onions till transparent. Add chopped tomatoes and fry till it becomes mushy salsa. Add the spice powders and salt to taste. Fry till tomatoes are cooked.
Now add Tomato Ketchup and the whole eggs, stir into the masala and when the mixture starts to thicken, fill the bun slices with the Egg Masala and top up the remaining masala on the buns, sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve with spoon to dig into the delicious Egg Masala Bun!